Paul McCartney has joined ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5’.
According to Deadline, Paul McCartney – the 73-year-old former Beatles frontman – has reportedly joined the upcoming ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’.
“After wrapping Disney’s Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg and producer Jerry Bruckheimer have gone back to add an extra big set-piece scene,” they revealed. “I’ve heard that it is built around Paul McCartney, who quietly has joined the cast of the film.”
Hang on… what?
Not exactly known for his big screen appearances, Sir Paul McCartney being cast in the upcoming ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ sequel has come as a shock to pretty much everyone.
And we currently have no idea what role he’ll be playing.
“No one was telling me what role McCartney plays,” they said. “All I was told is that this is not a re-shoot, but rather an extra scene, and that there is plenty of time to add it because the film isn’t being released until May 26, 2017.”
Of course, this wouldn’t be the first time a British musician has joined a ‘Pirates’ movie.
Rolling Stones guitarist, Keith Richards previously played Captain Jack Sparrow’s father, Captain Teague in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’. And it was quite a popular choice – after all, Johnny Depp had long explained that he based the character’s mannerisms entirely on the ageing musician.
But when it comes to Paul McCartney, his role remains unknown… for the time being.
The iconic British musician has received plenty of movie credits, mostly for his musical contributions. But does this mean he’ll appear alongside Johnny Depp? And in what role? Could we really see Sir Paul McCartney take to the high seas?
For now, we’ll have to wait and see.
‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ heads to cinemas on 26 May 2017.
What do you think of this rather odd casting news? Who will Paul McCartney be playing? Let us know what you think in the comments below…